Success… What it Really Looks Like

by Amy on June 26, 2013

I often say that success is not always pretty.

I’m not being theoretical.

It’s messy. It sometimes involves tears. There are mishaps. Sometimes you lose your voice.

So to clear up any misconceptions, I documented a time in my life when I stretched.

I came out on the other side a different, more successful, person.

This is your backstage pass to Radical Authenticity is the New Paycheck.

(And for the record, yes, this backstage pass is one of the most vulnerable things I have ever done.)

Backstage Video 1

Backstage Video 2

Backstage Video 3

Backstage Video 4

Backstage Video 5

Backstage Video 6

Backstage Video 7

Sooooo, what did you think? Was it helpful? TMI? I’m really curious to know — so please leave a comment on the blog and let me know what you really think!

P.S. Still time to catch the encore presentation of The Vulnerability Factor — Why Putting Your Butt on the Line is the ONLY Way to Succeed in Business. Click here to register!

Ursula June 27, 2013 at 3:19 pm

Love it! Yes, I think there’s a misconception that you have to come out “fully formed” to be a success. So untrue. Love your message. True success, I think, comes from knowing your soul’s purpose and living THAT on a daily basis. It’s obvious that you’ve discovered yours. And by so doing, you are inspiring others to discover theirs.

Big hug,
Ursula

Amy June 27, 2013 at 6:10 pm

Thank you Ursula! I definitely feel that I am contributing in my own unique way which is what I wish for every one of my clients! And as you said too many women on a mission get stuck because they think they have to have it all together. That day will never come!

Julie-Anne June 27, 2013 at 4:49 pm

When I was a teen, visiting amusement parks, I would defiantly tackle the scariest ride first. After conquering that (usually close to tears and screaming), nothing else in the park scared me. You just rode that professional roller coaster. Consider it a gift. It will have the effect of kicking any type of potentially paralyzing fear in the ass for your next venture. Ride on girl! You officially rock. Thanks for showing us the underbelly of things – it allows all of us to have our own. xo

Amy June 27, 2013 at 6:11 pm

Ohhhh I love the roller coaster story. Such a great metaphor. I am going to steal that Julie-Anne (attributing your brilliance of course!). And I will be curious to see what this venture does for my courage!!

Becky June 27, 2013 at 5:00 pm

Amy! I *totally* love these “backstage” vids! Why? Well, two reasons: (1) they drive home the message of authenticity for me (I mean, just look at your hair in some of those! You brave and BRAZEN woman, you! lol) while revealing the true-to-life, day in and day out challenges that we ALL go through. That we ALL work to push past and go for it anyway. And (2) I actually had the very same idea. My inner voice has been telling me to video myself as I step out as an entrepreneur and finally start following my dream. BEFORE I am ‘successful”. WHILE I create my biz. To be THAT vulnerable. And these vids have been a confirmation for me to step out and step up and follow that whisper in my heart.

So, thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Thanks living your message and sharing yourself with the world,

~Becky 🙂

ps. Sayin a lil prayer for your hubby….http://youtu.be/o8cCwwsWTlI

Amy June 27, 2013 at 6:13 pm

Becky! hahaha I told you, success is definitely NOT pretty. There are A LOT of bad hair days! And I’m so happy to hear that you had the same idea. Now that I’ve done it, you can totally do it too. I will be waiting to hear all about it.

Amy June 27, 2013 at 6:14 pm

FYI – My husband is doing better! It was a long recovery but in many ways he is now healthier than before he got sick because of all he’s learned and all the perspective he’s gained!!

julie June 27, 2013 at 6:32 pm

Thank you for being so… well authentic… and radically brazen. It is so helpful to know that people who are doing really big things in the world struggle and don’t live a perfect, charmed life every minute of every day. Thank for being so honest and open, it helps me.

Amy June 28, 2013 at 5:04 pm

Julie! Thanks for the comment. THAT is exactly what I wanted to convey! You nailed it! xoxo

Adriane June 27, 2013 at 9:25 pm

Amy, I could not love this more. Thanks for sharing. It is so helpful to know that success is not this flawless process. Also, I love that all the crummy stuff that was going on seemed to-I don’t know-bring with it all sorts of goodies and new tricks for you to share. TMWIW. I love you, sister!

Amy June 28, 2013 at 5:04 pm

You are so NOT wrong! The crummy stuff always does. Love you right back sister.

Roz June 28, 2013 at 5:46 am

I admire your vulnerability. It is reassuring to know that what looks great from the outside has real life behind it. Your authenticity lets me see that I too can meet my dreams head on and perserve. Thank you for all your honesty!!! Keep it up, it helps us all to be more honest!

Stacey June 28, 2013 at 1:54 pm

Hi Amy,

Thank you so much for sharing the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Since joining your tribe, I’ve gained much insight and courage that I don’t have to be perfect to be in biz (or in life) to get moving forward to my dream. Most days it is just getting in the arena when you are not sure of yourself, your product/service, or you simply don’t feel like doing it. I appreciate that you showed us that you practice what you preach, and some days, and even some weeks just suck! But we persevere and awesomeness, eventually, is achieved! Woo hoo!

Big hugs to you for making these videos, and I wish your husband a speedy recovery,

Stacey

Amy June 28, 2013 at 5:05 pm

Stacey! Thank you for joining the tribe. I just feel so strongly that if we do not jump in, we will wait forever. And what a loss that would be.

Dannell June 28, 2013 at 10:06 pm

Amy, all I can say is WOW! How authentic and brazen of you to post those videos. The entire time I was thinking I wish I had the guts to do something like this. You are slowly teaching me the tools and I appreciate seeing your honesty. I’m so glad that I was lead to your teachings. xxoo

JoAnn July 10, 2013 at 12:43 pm

Amy,
don’t know if this is where to comment on your “backstage videos” ~ just watched them ~ and what i can say is thank you! i sit in admiration ~ your deep authentic true! sharing of moments ~ inspirational!

thank you thank you ~ for your sharing the truth of you ~ and in so doing, inviting that in me, in all of us ~

with love and gratitude ~

p.s. hoping your husband continues to feel better and better ~