What is your greatest fear?

by Amy on May 23, 2018

What is your biggest fear?

I posted that question to my business page yesterday. And somebody responded “Essential Oil MLMs.” Then added “ I really like most of her articles and found them helpful. The EO stuff is a bit much.”

(BTW I hate it when people talk about me like I”m not there.)

It’s not the first time I’ve been shamed for selling essential oils and I bet it won’t be the last. And honestly, five years ago, I would have NEVER been a part of doTERRA out of simple fear of getting a comment like this.

At first I wanted to explain myself…why this MLM is different and why I’m not a weirdo MLM person and how essential oils saved my life.

Then I considered posting mean things to her wall.

After the shame and the anger died down a bit (this all happened while watching my ten year old’s tennis lesson) I realized something…

Some people’s biggest fear *might* be essential oil MLMs… But my bet is that most people are much, much more afraid of people like the gal above.

You know the kind.

They take time out of their day to poke passive aggressive fun at you in public.

It’s so quick and easy to do nowadays thanks to social media…

Or they opt to share the jabs behind your back, then you wonder why everyone is treating you like an untouchable.

My guess is that this is your greatest fear.

This is what keeps you from writing your book.
This is what keeps you from taking the stage.
This is what keeps you from wearing that dress.
This is what keeps you from leaving that job.
This is what keeps you from taking that class.
This is what keeps you from saying those words.

Martha Beck says it so well…

“Criticism is an alluring substitute for creation, because tearing things down, unlike building things up, really is as easy as falling off a stump. It’s blissfully simple to stake a savvy, sophisticated pose by attacking someone else’s creations, but the old adage is right: Any fool can burn down a barn. Building one is something else again.”

Ladies!

Shame has been used for centuries on women by women for one simple reason: IT WORKS!

We allow it to keep us quiet, small and afraid, conveniently out of sight and earshot from the ones who find us too loud, too bold, too fabulous, too brilliant, too opinionated, too adventurous….just too DAMN much.

Who does she think she is?
Don’t get too big for your bridges little lady.
She’s so bossy.
What a snob!
What a know it all.

Can we please stop tearing down? Can we build up instead? How about a little more…

You go girl.
Good for her!
What an inspiration!
Rockstar!
Yes! She did it!!!!!!

Create instead.

Write. Study. Paint. Dance. Sing. Join the circus. Have a baby. Swim with Elephants. Start a scholarship fund. Do a one-woman show. Start a fucking MLM. Whatever it is your heart tells you to do.

When you do, you’ll get nothing but love from me.

To the Hate-Shamers: I got a special rollerball blend just for you. It’s called Fuck. Off.

#swimmingwithelephants #hyattscholarshipfund#fuckoffblend

Daphne May 23, 2018 at 11:59 pm

You go girl!!!

Susan Bausewein May 24, 2018 at 12:04 am

YOU GO, GIRL!!! And by the way, what is the recipe for your Fuck-Off Blend? Many of my friends and I all need it!

Randi Rubenstein May 24, 2018 at 12:23 am

Sharing this with my peeps. The roller ball blend called Fuck. Off. Fucking hilarious.

Tasha May 24, 2018 at 12:26 am

You really need to tell me where I can buy that #fuckoffblend!

I mean, how great of a seller would that be?

Loved the the post.

You go girl!

Tasha

Kathy Benton May 24, 2018 at 2:23 am

YOU GO GIRL!!

Been using Doterra for years, helped get my son to FINALLY sleep through the night at age 7!!!

Keep on keepin on!! XOXO

Anne DeMarsay May 24, 2018 at 2:36 am

YOU GO GIRL!

Your post was right on . . . and that passive-aggressive dodo needs to get a life. Remember what Brene Brown says, “If you’re not in the arena also getting your ass kicked, I’m not interested in your feedback.”

Robin May 24, 2018 at 3:00 am

I love how you share your vulnerability-it shows your strength. I think if we all shared more of how we really felt-the deep, raw stuff, we wouldn’t be as judgmental because we would see that we all have some version of the same thing going on. We are capable of transforming through sharing and supporting each other. You go girl.

Kate May 24, 2018 at 3:27 am

Get it girl!! Thank you, just, thank you!

Nadia May 24, 2018 at 3:50 am

You go girl!

Lisa May 24, 2018 at 7:56 am

You Go Girl…. Just love this post!!!

Andrea May 24, 2018 at 12:49 pm

You go girl!!!

Hannah M Brooks May 24, 2018 at 1:40 pm

You go girl. Laugh out loud and shivers all at once. Yes.

Nadean May 24, 2018 at 2:08 pm

Thanks for the great post!! You definitely go girl!!

Tosh May 24, 2018 at 2:10 pm

bbbwwwaaahhhh!!!

YOU GO GIRL! I couldn’t help but laugh out loud at “special roller blend”…oooh that’s funny.

And, to your point, essential oils heal. Several years ago I was depressed, working in a toxic environment and diffusing oils (like lemon, citrus, peppermint, & lavender) helped me through what I call the valley years. I had a diffuser at home and at work. I also carried oils in my work bag in case I felt really stressed or anxious. So keep sharing because people need to know the healing power of essential oils.

Lisa May 24, 2018 at 3:14 pm

Dang…I thought you were a weirdo MLM girl cause I’m all about that kind of stuff (oils and MLMs). As I swish down my supplements, slather my feet with EO, and pass out samples to VERY grateful friends I’m thinking “You go girl”. I can’t get on board with the new blend though… it just seems like a different version of spreading hate to me. I’m in the minority (or even on my own) about that though cause it sounds like a lot of folks want to get in on that blend!! $$$ #livebrazen and #lovebrazen too. Now I gotta go crank up some diffusers. 🙂

Pam May 24, 2018 at 3:18 pm

Love this post – such a hoot you are, Amy Pearson! Always admire your courage and candor and would love to order multiples of your awesome new rollerball blend!!

Colleen May 24, 2018 at 7:02 pm

Brava, Amy! You Go, Girl!

Barb May 24, 2018 at 9:47 pm

Hey, Amy. I totally agree with you that “somebody” was off base replying to your question the way she did. That’s just mean.

I’ve been a fan of yours for years – ever since MBI coach training. I bought Monetize Your Magic DIY a few years ago and found it very helpful. I’ve saved many of your posts for rereading over the years, I watched the video of you telling your embryo story on stage, and I love your message to be 100% myself, no apologies. Thank you for your work.

I understand and honor that you and many others have found essential oils healing, even life-saving. But…. I am not interested in buying them from you, and I wish you had segmented your list so I could unsubscribe from those emails while still receiving your nuggets of brazenness and MYM updates. I don’t like having to wade through the EO pitch to get to why I follow you and bought a program from you. I have often considered unsubscribing. So far the value has exceeded the annoyance, for me. The tone in the last sentence of this post might have tipped the balance. I gotta agree with Lisa’s comment here.

If this earns me a “fuck off,” so be it.

You go, girl!

Respectfully,
Barb

Dena May 25, 2018 at 1:24 am

YOU GO GIRL! You inspire me, and you always have. You are one brave, courageous, Aries lady!
BTW, if I had listened to all the people who made fun of astrology, I would never have been able to do a job that I love, that I am passionate about, and that I know is meaningful.
All that matters is what is meaningful, to you, people. Everyone else can #fuckoff
Love, Dena